Thursday, September 10, 2009

Traveling is Difficult!

Ok. I need to vent just a little bit about my problems with planning my travels while here. The thing is I have a list of places I really want to go, and only a limited amount of money with which to go there. Right now I am feeling a little stir crazy because all the people i've met here are taking off this weekend to go to places that I don't particularly want to go to, but I feel left out staying at home and going on like a day-trip by myself. I don't know how to be sure to get to go where i want and also be able to make friends and have people to travel with... Its just making me tired right now. It's so much effort to figure all of this out. Also, I really want to do some of the advanced latin dance class, but this makes it hard for me to travel with people who are able to leave on a thursday night instead of a friday night. I feel like I am the only one trying to ration my money and that everyone else is being very rash and flighty about thier plans, and i mean that's one way to travel, but i'd really rather know that I will have money enough to do what I plan to do later. It's not that I'm too cautious or too penny-pinching, it's just that I don't like to live for the moment, I like to live with the bigger picture in mind. I guess that is just something that is hard to communicate to my peers... Its a tough toss up. I don't really know what to do apart from try to do what seems right to me, for my travel plans... oh, well...

2 comments:

  1. Some of the neatest things I found while traveling aborad were discovereis made while out on my own. Since I have no one else I have to keep entertained, I am free to wander whereever and see where it takes me, for better or for worse. The thrill of adventure is enough to make the hidden gems worth finding!

    Still, you're smart to plan ahead and make sure you'll see the most important things you don't want to miss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would any of your host family want to go with you? It might be a nice time to get to know them better! I think you are being wise, and it's hard to be wise when everyone else is having fun. But you WILL be having fun too, both this weekend, and later, when you still have money to travel and they may be out!

    ReplyDelete