Thursday, September 24, 2009

Art and Fun

Hello!

If you read my earlier posts you probably know that I'm in a few art classes while here in Spain: one on drawing one on design. I've been doing some work that I'm actually sort of proud of, so I thought I might just post it up on here and let you guys see it!

In my drawing class we have weekly asignments on top of the projects we are working on in class (which are charcol and very messy), but for these we get to do them with a lot more freedom of medium and subject. Last weeks was to make a "comic" or graphic story, using different viewpoints in each frame. I did mine about a daydream I've often had when walking home at night in the winter, through a certain plaza at Butler. It's fantastical and sweet, and I'm rather enamored with it. It's two pages, and in Spainish, so here's a vocab key:

El EnsueƱo = the Daydream
*suspiro*= *sigh* (I coundn't find an ontomopia for this in Spanish)
Biblioteca = Library
¿MH?= small sound of suprise (hopefully translated)
Fin= the end
So here are the two pages, you may need to view them bigger to be able to read it...

1 and... 2
I hope you think the story makes sense!

I also have just had an asignment for Design that entailed designing a logo for yourself that defined who wou are and what you stood for. I decided to make mine an upside-down heart (which is an idea i've had before) because to me it symbolizes unselfish love, or "agape", which is something I try to live my life with. I also put olive branches, because I believe in nonviolence and cooperation (as well as for it's biblical association with God's hope and promises). And at the bottom an 'A', for obvious reasons, and because it begins the words that I want the logo to symbolize. Here's a Jpeg of the logo:
I can't get the color to be quite right, it should be a dark purple, but whatever, you get the idea.

Well, there you have it! I'm going to Barcelona tomorrow, so watch for a post about that Sunday or monday!!!
I love you all, Take care!
A

1 comment:

  1. Dad and I love the artwork! I have never seen you draw Manga-esque before. And the logo is perfect! Dad tried to comment but he forgot his password. : ( Have a FANTASTIC time in Barcelona and take lots of pictures so I can live vicariously through you - I am so jealous!Estoy Celosa!

    ReplyDelete