Friday, September 11, 2009

Itinerary! Who wants to help?

Hi Everyone!

I've been thinking a lot about my plans to travel in these last few days, and I thought I'd share my excitement for my plans with all of you and see if anyone has any suggestions about what to do or how to get there!
Here's my plans!

This Weekend:
A day trip to Toledo, home of Spanish sword making! Then a Sunday in Madrid at the Reina Sofia Modern Art Museum (home to Picasso's Guernica). Should be very fun.

Next weekend:
A day trip to the Sierra de Madrid Mountain range with my school group. Looking forward to the outdoorsiness.

Barcelona:
September 25th-27th
I expect to stay in a hostel and would like to concentrate on the art scene aspect of the city while i'm there. I don't have as much time as I'd like there, so I need to streamline my sightseeing.

Prague:
October 9th-12th
I'm having trouble finding cheap flights for this trip so the more free and dirt cheap things I can do while there, the better. Again, art and architecture are my main points of interest here.

Paris:
November 6th-9th
I'm so stoked to finally see the most famous place in Europe (or that's the way it seems). I know that I MUST hit the Louvre and the "Tour Eiffel", besides that I might need some suggestions for fun: window-shopping, and cheap good eating sound really good.

Brussels/Brugge:
November 27th-29th
I'm hoping for crisp fall weather to be the perfect backdrop for this trip. I have no idea what to expect from Belgium except beautiful cities and great waffles, and i'm not sure if I should stay in Brussels and take a day trip to Brugge or the other way around. (I have to fly into Brussels regardless) I'd like to get a feel for the culture of the place on this trip. Suggestions?

Italy Tour!
December 4th-8th
This is my longest trip and the one I am most excited to plan. I'm thinking I'm going to fly to Rome and then get an Italy 3 day Euro-rail pass and go from Rome to Florence to Venice and then fly home from Venice. It'll be a great adventure, I just hope I have the planning capacity to do it!

Well, that's the current plan. It's gonna take a lot of money, and if I have any left i'll probably just travel some more with it. Oh, and One of my classes has a Trip attached to it... It may actually conflict with one of these I realize... I don't know how that's going to turn out. I'll keep you posted! For now, though, let me know what you think of all this!

Love you all,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment