Monday, November 30, 2009

Stuff I'm Gonna Do When I Get Home

I'm feeling a little homesick right now so, in order to kick that feeling and remember that home is always waiting for me when I get back, I'm going to make a list of things I want to do when I get back home again in Indiana- with explanations where needed. Hopefully after getting that outa my system I'll be able to fully enjoy my last few weeks here.

1. Sleep in my own bed. (there's nothing like a heated waterbed.)

2. Pet my cat. (I am progressively moving towards being a pet kleptomaniac, I want to grab every dog on the street and take it home with me)

3. Take a bubble bath. (They only believe in showers in Spanish households)

4. Eat at a restaurant with free refills of coke and unlimited chips or bread. This step should be repeated many times. (Europeans don´t believe in any of that freeness nonsense.)

5. Walk into a liquor store- just because I can. (21!!!!)

6. Go out for midnight and after food with my best Uni friends. (Europeans don’t sell food after 11pm- just alcohol)

7. Go to the movies (I haven’t here; guess it’s just been too much of a hassle.)

8. Go shopping with girlfriends [and mom]. (I will have no money, but American malls will seem like a wonder to me. And I miss the holiday ritual of materialism.)

That’s all I can think of for right now, doesn’t sound like too much to ask for, does it?

:) Let me know if there are any volunteers to help me fulfill this list! (Mom, Dad, I know you already are signed up.)


Love!
-A

1 comment:

  1. Mom: You're right, count me in! A few from your last time in Spain: eat salad with something besides oil on it, & eat American ham. Real American pizza was in there somewhere too. Hey, I know someone that has 3 week old chihuaua/yorkie mix pups that we could probably visit! And I'll try to get the hot tub fired up/cleaned up. Sounds nice!

    ReplyDelete