Sunday, November 1, 2009

Drawings From My Class

I just thought it might be kinda fun to put up on here the latest of my artworks from my drawing class here.
The first is the quintessential still life that every drawing student has done and hates- with charcoal and chalk, practicing shading.
The second is the most fun- an assignment to take and animal and change it somehow. My idea: Koala-zilla a cute and cuddly smasher of cities. (charcoal and red pastel)
Finally, a landscape drawing in one of my favorite mediums- chalk pastel.









I'll be bringing these back to the USA with me, if all goes as planned- so if anyone wants to call dibs on them for their walls at home, be my guest!

Love!
A

2 comments:

  1. So glad to finally see Koala-zilla! Cute, cuddly, and amazingly destructive - kinda like a 2 year old.
    You know, you really have no idea how truly talented you are.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey 'Malia!

    I suppose I should express to you just how amuzing Koala-zilla is to me.... love it.

    But that landscape is really cool too!
    (I know my punctuation seems to indicate slightly misplaced emotion, but if you could like, listen to me say it, I think it'd be all reasonable. [love the fact that the disclaimer is longer than the message itself])

    Hope you enjoy Paris! I expect you'll have an easier time than I did (Spanish being closer than German to French) but good luck anyway!
    David

    ReplyDelete