Sunday, October 18, 2009

Everything's Clearer at Six-Thousand Feet

On my trip to the Sierra Madrid with the school I saw a lovely pair of rounded, green mountains with huge open spaces and rocky bluffs toping the peaks. Yesterday I found a train that would take me back to the little hiking outpost so that I could see if I could get to the top of those same mountains.

I was able to find a path up to the top of the breathtaking mountains! It was  a long and steep climb, but totally worth it! I made it all the way to the summit of the taller of the two mountains, and ate my lunch there. I was feeling tired and sitting in a sheltered rock outcropping away from the brisk wind, so I just curled up against my backpack and closed my eyes for a little while! Most EPIC NAP ever! Opening your eyes to see green mountains and clear sky is just about the coolest thing ever.

I really enjoyed being out there by myself, with some time to think and relax. Hiking helps me to stop feeling pressured and just deal with whatever is going on from a more removed, rational place. Somehow the combination of the exercise, the outdoors, and the general quiet is the perfect catharsis for me.



It was a pretty awesome day! More photos are on Facebook!

Love,
A

2 comments:

  1. Thanks!
    I think it was either you or your sister that told me years ago that you could make a panorama on Photoshop, so you're welcome to take the credit! (there was a little hole in the center top that I had to use stamp tool to cover, glad you didn't catch that!)

    ReplyDelete